Wheelchairs & assisted access
We’ve been audited by Direct Enquiries and a full breakdown of our facilities are listed on their website. We’ve put together some further information that we hope you’ll find useful.
For further information on Alder Hey’s commitment to accessibility, read more here.
You might also be interested to read about Facilities at Alder Hey.
Accessible car parking
There are 66 disabled parking spaces across the seven floors of our multi-storey car park which can be accessed from East Prescot Road (L14 5AB on a sat-nav).
If you are visiting in a large wheelchair accessible vehicle, please park in the Emergency Department car park to avoid issues accessing the multi-storey car park.
Toilets and changing
- There are two Changing Places toilets: one in the hospital Atrium and one on the first floor.
- There are toilet facilities on every ward.
Support is available for patients and families who have language and communication needs. We will usually be told of the need for this service at the time of referral from your GP or healthcare practitioner.
Language interpreter services are available for face to face interpreting and telephone interpretation. There is also a service for British Sign Language interpretation.
More in section
- Wheelchairs & assisted access
- Getting to Alder Hey Children's Hospital
- Getting around
- Information for young people
- Staying on a ward
- What to bring
- Facilities at Alder Hey
- Local facilities
- Giving feedback and raising concerns
- Visitors and relatives charter
- Subject access requests
- Ronald McDonald House
- Patient information leaflets
- Our Wards
- Overseas Visitors